How Is Shipping Marketing?
I’ve posted some information on my eBay Marketing blog about shipping in the past few days. It’s not directly related to marketing, but the indirect ties are undeniable. This applies to all kinds of businesses, not just eBay.
Let’s start with customer satisfaction:
* Customers who love your service come back
* Satisfied customers tell two friends.. and so on
* Your product becomes more valuable when it’s shipped quickly
* Items that are packaged right arrive intact and unblemished
* Efficient shipping operations support all of the above
Next, marketing efforts:
* An item that arrives unscathed delivers on your promises and guarantees
* Promotions and flyers in the packaging generate repeat business
* Clean, professionally packaged goods reflect positively on your company and brand
* Customers that rave about your efficient, professional operations will post good feedback and tell their friends about your store/listings
If you ship, pay attention to your practices. It's marketing in disguise.
P.S. Amazon.com knocked 32% off the cover price of "The 7 Essential Steps to Successful eBay Marketing" (McGraw-Hill, 2005). Walmart.com sells if for 36% off!
ebay, selling, sales, seller, marketing, writing, writer, book, books,
advertising, copywriting, journalism, media, news